We know that visiting a church for the first time can be scary.
Are they going to make me stand up and say my name? Are they going to make me wear a "visitors badge"? Will I feel like an outsider? Take a deep breath. Of course not. In fact, we are expecting you! Prairie Hills is all about one thing:
That means no matter who you are, you are welcome here.
This website is designed to help you get a feel for who we are and what we are all about. However, we think the best way to get to know us is to come visit us on a Sunday morning.
We meet at the Lusk High School Auditorium on Sunday mornings at 10:00 a.m.
The address for the High School is 702 West 5th Street. Here's a map if you don't know where that is:
Today is a good day for a fresh start.
At Prairie Hills, you'll be welcomed into a friendly, casual environment by people who are excited to see you. We know that going to a new church can be awkward, but we want to ensure you that we will try our hardest to make you feel welcome. So, here are some things that you can expect, but please know that the best way to get to know what we are all about, is to come and see it with your own eyes.
At a weekend service, you can expect:
- Each service to last about one hour.
- Thought-provoking and engaging messages based on the Bible.
- Fun teaching for kids to learn in their own way.
- Worship music that is relevant and engaging.
- A practical challenge to begin or grow in your relationship with Jesus.
We want you to know that:
- You Can Be Yourself. We are honored that you would come and check out what we are all about. So, put on some comfortable clothes for Pete's sake. We are far more concerned with who you are than what you wear.
- You Can Bring The Kids. Prairie Hills is all about families. Each weekend kids learn the truth about who God is and who they are because of Him through age-specific lessons, small groups, and trusted adult leadership. There will also be times when the whole family will be worshiping together. Please know that we want everyone, of all ages, to begin and grow in Jesus.
- You Can Start Where You Are. We know how awkward it can be, especially if you are new to something. Trust us, we know. We are not going to make you feel stupid or put you in an awkward situation. In fact, we want you to start where you are. That means if you are just investigating what it means to have a relationship with Christ, or you are new to the faith, or you have been a Christian for a long time, we want to help you every step of the journey.
- We Are Not Perfect. I know, I know, this may come as a shock to you, but Prairie Hills is made up of a bunch of people who are just that...people. If you are looking for perfection, you may want to look elsewhere. So, guess what? You'll fit right in :) Just know up front that all of us are works in process and that is OK. Let's grow together.
- We Are Expecting You. We can't wait to meet you! So, what are you waiting for? The best way to get to know what we are all about is to come and see it with your own eyes. Still have more question? Please contact us.